Monday, February 13, 2017

Stupid, Sappy VDay

It's February 13, which means tomorrow is one of my least favorite holidays ever.

Valentine's Day is a big hoax, Hallmark holiday to get people to spend unnecessary amounts of money on the people they love most. As much as I hate on the idea of love, I think it's important to show people you care more than just one day a year. A bouquet of flowers on a Thursday because they reminded you of me means more than a box of chocolate on VDay because society says you have to do it.

I'm sure some of you are reading this thinking "what the hell happened to this girl to make her so cynical about love and Valentine's Day?" but the truth is, I've always felt this way. (It doesn't help that a year ago tomorrow I was ghosted by my then-boyfriend. Who the hell ditches and stops talking to their significant other on Valentine's Day!? Awful people, that's who... but I digress...)

As I said before, I think it's important to show and tell people you care about them more than just on Valentine's Day.

So go out, spend time with the people who mean the most to you tomorrow, but tell them you love and care for them throughout the year as well.

Hope you all have a stupid, sappy VDay!

No comments:

Post a Comment