Friday, January 1, 2016

Hangovers: The Only Way to Kick Off a New Year

2015 was one hell of a year and I definitely ended on a high note. (However, it did result in me feeling awful for most of the first day of the year.)

Here's a recap of my 2015: I fell in love (twice), strengthened relationships with friends (old and new), held a new position at one of the greatest summer jobs ever, met incredible people, started a new job I absolutely love, was accepted to grad school, was dumped on facebook messenger, realized my self worth, and moved out of my parents' house. Through the good, the bad, and the ugly, I made it through the year I thought was never going to end.

I've been thinking a lot about what I want out of 2016 for myself, but I'm never any good at making resolutions (and sticking to them). This year I've decided that instead of making resolutions, I am just going to focus on being the best person I can be. I'll be starting grad school and working pretty much full-time so I want to make sure I am doing what I need to do for myself (for once). Typically, I am focused on helping everyone around me instead of taking care of myself. While it is important to play nice with others, it is also incredibly important to practice self care. Since I have not had the best track record with that, I am going to work hard at taking time for myself. How can I help lift others up if I am constantly dragging my feet on myself? I have to practice what I preach, right?

This is not going to be easy, but I am determined to at least try. Lucky for me, I have some wonderful people in my life who will definitely hold me accountable for this.


                           •                           •                           •


Thanks to everyone who has stuck by me in 2015 and has dealt with my bitching. 

Cheers to happy, healthy, and exciting adventures in 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment