Sunday, January 17, 2016

Happy as a Clam

Today, my laptop decided it didn't want to turn on. Then once it turned on, it decided to freeze every time I tried to do something. Now it is working for the next few minutes so I've decided to blog while I have the chance.

This weekend has been wonderful, aside from the slow and painful death my laptop is currently facing. On Friday, I spent time with some of my favorite people at Mad River. (Yes, I am aware that Mad River is trashy, but I love dancing so I will continue to go there until I find another close bar to dance at on my off weekends.) After a fantastic night out and some heart to hearts, I woke up the next day as if I hadn't gone out the night before. I woke up to a wonderful human being cuddled up next to me in my bed and I took some time to reflect on how lucky I am. 

The last few months have been tough. I've been beaten down by life more times than I could count, but each time I've stood back up (sometimes limping) and continued pushing on. Despite the awful luck I've continued to have, surprisingly the universe has surrounded me with some amazing people and good opportunities. I know I've blogged about this before, but I just wanted to say "thank you" to the wonderfully amazing people who continue to keep me around, even when I am miserable. You all know who you are and I can't thank you enough for being my support system. I love you all dearly. 

Recently, one particular person has made me happier than I've been in a while, which is what prompted my reflection on my luck. For some reason, this amazing guy waltzed (typed?) his way into my life and hasn't run away screaming (yet). I'm so lucky to have such a lovely gentleman in my life who has a miraculous way of calming the storm that is always in my head. Thank you for being so damn wonderful, Steve. You have no idea how much it means to me. Also, thanks for prompting my internal (and slightly external) reflection on life. Despite the hurdles I keep getting tossed, I'm still smiling and it's because of you. 

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment