Sunday, November 15, 2015

;

It's no secret that I've been having a rough go of it as of late. Luckily, I've been working hard to pull myself out of this rut.

On Friday the 13th, I decided to get tattooed. I spoke with my awesome artist and she came up with a sweet cat design for me. Once I was in the shop, I thought about a second tattoo I've been wanting for a while. I casually asked my artist if she'd be able to do a small semicolon on my left wrist the next time I came into the shop and she said she could just do it right then and there.

The idea behind the tattoo is that in literature, a semicolon is used when an author chooses to not end a sentence. I am the author and the sentence is my life and I am choosing to continue. This little tattoo will serve as a reminder that even though the going may get tough, I have to choose to continue.


When I woke up on Saturday, I was still in a weird mood, but decided not to sleep my entire day away. I spent the afternoon at a pet store with my close friend who was (and still is) looking for a puppy. After I left her house, I decided I didn't feel like going back to my apartment so I stopped at my parents house. I managed to guilt trip my brother into spending some quality time together by purchasing two tickets to see Spectre, the new 007 movie.

(I promise this next part is relevant, so bear with me.) My brother is super into conspiracy theories and even calls himself a "truther" because he looks into everything the government says. Apparently the information he finds is out there for anyone to look at, but most people choose not to seek it out. He follows something called Infowars and this is where he gets all of his information. Anyway, some of the things he has been talking about for months was talked about in Spectre. He was freaking out throughout the entire movie. Without providing too many spoilers, basically the government was releasing a new world order that was able to track everything that everyone was doing and had one centralized system to "keep everyone safe". This is something my brother has been talking our ears off about for months so it was weird that it was happening in a movie. (If you ever want to talk more in depth about this stuff, I can definitely put you into contact with my wonderfully crazy little brother. He will gladly talk your ear off about this...)

Seeing Spectre with my brother was a great choice. The movie was awesome, but it was also nice to bond (see what I did there?). It's been quite some time since my brother and I just talked and acted stupid together. I didn't realize it before, but I really miss seeing him every day. 

I finished off a good weekend today with a staff bonding day. We went downtown for a few hours to do a scavenger hunt that I designed. There were four separate teams made up of an RA from every hall, intentionally done so the RAs would have to interact with different people they don't talk to everyday. Despite some grumbling, everyone seemed to have a good time. We ended the day with a staff dinner in the lounge with some throwback music provided by one of the RAs. Overall, I'd say today was a success.


*                                           *                                           *                                           *

Though the going has been a bit tough lately, I think I'm going to do just fine moving forward. I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel, even if it is a bit dim. Thanks to everyone who has been reaching out/dealing with me these last few weeks. I love you all <3

No comments:

Post a Comment