Monday, November 30, 2015

Thank You

In the spirit of the end of the month of thanks, I figured I would dedicate this post to everyone who is near and dear to me:

Thank you to Tess, Kristina, Tiara, Kim, Jenn, Allison, and Erin for being my best friends. I don't tell you this enough, but I am so lucky to have you all in my life and am so glad we are friends. I love and miss you all dearly. Thank you for always being an ear when I need to bitch and moan about ridiculous things, even if we haven't talked in weeks.

Thank you to my friends, new and old, for being so wonderful. Thanks for taking me to my first Wizard World, Billy. Thanks for always being a great listener, Tim. Thanks for inviting me over for Thanksgiving, Dom. Thanks for always picking up where we left off, without skipping a beat, Michelle and Britt. Thanks for making me laugh until it hurts, Gina and Alyssa.

Thank you to my current staff of RAs for welcoming me into this position and for being so understanding as I get my bearings. You're all fantastic people and I'm so happy to be working with you. I can't wait to see what next semester holds for our staff.

Thank you to my staff at UGA this last summer. You're all amazing and I'm so glad I met you. We had a crazy summer that I never would've survived alone. Thanks for being so patient with me as I learned how to navigate my position. You all taught me so much and I continue to use what I've learned in my new role.

Thank you to my parents for always supporting me and my decisions. Thank you for all of the opportunities you have given me and for giving me experiences to learn and grow from. I love you both so much and I really do appreciate everything you've done for Jordan and I all these years.

Thank you to my not-so-little brother, Jordan, for accepting me in my craziest moments and for not getting too embarrassed by me in public. Thank you for always humoring me by taking pictures with me. You know how much that means to me.

I've realized lately that I have a lot to be thankful for even though things seem to constantly be falling apart. Instead of dwelling on the bad, I'm going to continue focusing on the good, starting with this:

I'll be returning to the University of Georgia as the Residence Life Coordinator for Duke TIP's Summer Studies Program and I couldn't be more excited for this opportunity.

Here's to hoping for more good news in the coming weeks regarding grad school!

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas around here
so that's something to smile about!

No comments:

Post a Comment