Tuesday, November 3, 2015

See You Again

Have you ever seen a dead person with your own eyes? When they are all done up for the viewing, they look fake.  Sometimes they don't look like who you remember them as they once were. Their waxy, cold figure just doesn't feel the same.

It's so hard to comprehend that someone can actually be gone forever. I'm finding it incredibly hard to wrap my head around all of this still, even after seeing the strange version of the friend I once knew. 

All the childhood memories flooded back as soon as we pulled up to the funeral home. I saw old friends, some who I haven't seen in years, and was immediately taken back to the carefree times that seem so far away now. I couldn't hold back the tears once I saw my friends. I just couldn't believe this had happened. 

Since hearing the news, all I kept thinking was this has to be some sort of sick nightmare, but alas, it was the harsh reality that I continue to refuse to accept. 

I've cried a lot over the last two weeks. Between the rapid death of my cat and the untimely death of an old friend, I've been a bit of a wreck. Even though it's been rough, I've had a lot of time to reflect on life. From this reflection, I've decided to reach out to people more often. I want people to know that I love and care about them because too often our time is cut short and we regret the things we never said. I don't want to feel as though there were a million things I wish I had said to someone. Instead, I plan to let people know how I feel. People deserve to know they are loved and cared for.

Life is fleeting. Tomorrow is not promised to anyone. Tell people you love and care about them weekly (daily if you're lucky enough). Take care of yourself. Do what you love and what makes you happy. Life is too short to be miserable. Be happy as often as you can and try to look on the bright side. 

To all of my readers, know that I love and care for you. Feel free to drop a line, even if just to say hello. 


*                       *                       *                       *


All of this has really sucked, but I know that one day I will see you again. RIP Andrew. Love and miss you, always <3

No comments:

Post a Comment