Friday, June 24, 2016

"_____ is in a relationship with _____"

What's in a title? A relationship status? It's a way for the world outside to understand what's happening behind closed doors. But what does it really matter? Who the hell cares if you're seeing someone or if they're your significant other or your partner? What should matter is that you know where you stand with each other. Fuck everyone else, right?

For the last few months, I've been completely content with the way things were going. I've been seeing someone who is truly amazing and we were just going with the flow. Shortly into our time together, I realized I was falling, hard, but I tried to keep it together before blurting out the words that would change our situation forever.

I'll never forget when those words finally slipped out. I'll spare you the details, but it was a good moment for me. And to hear that those feelings were reciprocated was the best feeling in the world. I was on cloud nine for days.

We'd been going back and forth about our "status" for a while, but I had come to terms with not having a label. A few days ago while on the phone before heading to bed, we were discussing our "status" again. It started with a back and forth of "do you know how much I love you" type things and ended with a question of "will you be my girlfriend?" Coming from the person who hates labels and doesn't "do relationships," it really meant a lot to finally making it official. Even though I was content with the route we were going, I was very happy to finally be able to call him my boyfriend.

So why am I writing about all of this? To be honest, I've been searching for something to write about for a few days, but I was stuck in a cycle of writer's block. Today, being his birthday, I decided to write something nice, so here it is:

Darling, I'm so happy to have you in my life. Meeting you in January after my first ever graduate class was the best thing to have happened to me. I'm so happy Booth dragged me to Applebee's and continuously pressured me into flirting with you because if she hadn't, I wouldn't be blogging about you now. You're truly amazing and I am so glad you've taken a chance on me. I love you so incredibly much and I seriously cannot wait to see you in a little over a week. Happy birthday, babe. Enjoy what's left of it and we will celebrate when I come home <3

No comments:

Post a Comment