Thursday, October 8, 2015

All Good Things Come to an End

Drowning your sorrows in wine and binge watching TV shows on Netflix isn't usually the best way to handle things, but sometimes it helps mask the pain, even if it is just temporary.

For the last week, I knew the end was near. We barely talked anymore and when we did our conversations no longer had any depth. I could feel it coming, but I didn't want to believe it, until last night.

Do you ever just get a feeling that something is going to happen? Well, last night it hit me that this wasn't going to work anymore. How can you fix something that isn't really even there? I decided to hide my feelings behind wine and Arrow until I was too tired to think about anything.

As shitty as it is, I expressed my feelings about our "relationship" (or lack there of)  in a long Facebook message since that is pretty much the only way I can get in touch with him. He responded fairly soon after, agreeing that it didn't feel the same between us as it did when we first started dating. We were drifting apart and there is no way to bring us back together when there is an ocean between us (both literally and figuratively). I asked him what he wanted to do about this and he hesitantly responded, "end it".

I said before that I saw it coming, but it still sucks to actually hear it. Until you say the words "it's over" you can pretend that things are still okay and that it will get better. (Spoiler alert: pretending only gets you so far.)

I know this is all probably for the best, though. Everything happens for a reason and even though the reason isn't super apparent right now, I'm sure it will become clear soon enough.

Sometimes, good things fall apart so better things can come together. So, here's to better things!

No comments:

Post a Comment