Sunday, October 11, 2015

(I Get By) With a Little Help from My Friends

Getting dumped was shitty, but it couldn't have happened at a more convenient time.

This weekend was Alumni weekend at Arcadia so I had planned to catch up with some friends I hadn't seen in a while. On Thursday night, I went to my favorite bar, the Keswick Tavern, with two great friends. They weren't going to be in the area for the festivities on Saturday so it was our only chance to catch up. Spending time with them helped me to forget how crappy I felt from getting dumped earlier that day.

On Friday night, three of my best friends all came together for a girls' night out in Manayunk. We started out at Kildare's and made our way to Mad River for the end of our night. An open bar was just the thing I needed that night, along with some dancing.

On Saturday, one of my best friends and I headed to Arcadia for Fall Fest. Basically, it was an excuse to get free food and see some old friends. We wound up taking "professional selfies" as well as taking all of the stereotypical castle pictures that we never took when we were students. (How I avoided taking pictures at the castle during my time as a student, I will never know...) It was definitely a good time, but we decided that the fun wasn't going to end there.

We headed into Keswick, inevitably ending up at KT again, where we laughed harder than we had in months. It was fantastic and definitely helped to keep me in good spirits.

That night, a few of us went out in Manayunk again, but this time we started and stayed at Mad River. The DJ was pretty great and had us dancing almost all night.



Sometimes all you need to get you through a tough time are great friends and a night (or two) out.
Thanks to everyone who helped me to feel better and (temporarily) forget about my current situation. I couldn't ask for a better group of friends to help me through my tough times. <3




No comments:

Post a Comment